Animal Shelter Providing Service by appointment Only
As of Thursday, May 14, the Animal Shelter has moved into phase 1 of reopening.
1. Adoption of companion animals by appointment only.
2. Turnaround spay/neuter service by appointment only.
3. Micro-chipping by appointment only
4. Owner Surrenders will be evaluated and by appointment only.
5. Animal control will respond to animal complaints based on priority.
Please contact the shelter at 706-867-7297; we will be glad to answer your questions.
The mission of the Lumpkin County Animal Shelter is to balance the health, safety and welfare needs of the people and animals in our County.
Through our mission, we will:
- Educate the public about responsible companion animal ownership
- Help the Lumpkin County Animal Control Unit investigate animal cruelty cases
- Provide compassion and humane care for unwanted, stray, abused, and abandoned animals in our County
- Give adoptable animals a second chance at a forever home
- Humanely euthanize animals when necessary and appropriate
Low-Cost Spay & Neuter Services
The Lumpkin County Animal Shelter has access to multiple options to meet the spay and neuter needs of the pets of our local citizens. Please discuss your needs directly with a staff member so that you may be directed to the best option available to your pet.