Planning Office Procedures
The Planning Office is now fully open to the public.
SHORT TERM RENTAL ONLINE SERVICES WITH HOST COMPLIANCE
Lumpkin County is transitioning to an online system for the submission of the following, effective June 1, 2020:
LUMPKIN COUNTY – SHORT TERM RENTAL 24/7 HOTLINE
The County also has activated a 24/7 hotline for neighbors to report, substantiate, and resolve non-emergency STR related incidents in real-time. This system will create a short-term rental related issue link and complaints will be sent to Lumpkin County Code Enforcement.
The Lumpkin County Hotline Number is (706) 214-2524.
You can also submit a STR related complaint here:
Code Enforcement Complaints
Please fill out and submit our Online Code Enforcement Complaint Form for County code violations. Examples of code violations include soil and erosion issues, solid wastes, signs, etc.
- BuildingPermit application 2020 Fillable
- Building Permit Application (PDF)
- Land Disturbance Permit Application - 2019 (PDF)
- Land Use Inquiry Fillable Form
- Lumpkin County Building Inspection Guidelines - Revised 02-2019 (PDF)
- Manufactured Home Permit Application - 2019 (PDF)
- Parade, Assemblies, Demonstration and Rallies Permit Application (PDF)
- Residential Electrical Permit Packet (PDF)
- Road Acceptance Application (PDF)
- 2017 SIGN PERMIT APPLICATION FILLABLE
- 2017 SIGN PERMIT APPLICATION
- Subcontractor Affidavit (PDF)
- Sub Contractor Affidavit Fillable
- Self Work Affidavit Fillable
- Variance Request Fillable
- New Business Flow Chart (PDF)
Lumpkin County Comprehensive Plan
Short Term Rentals
- Do I need a Business License (Occupational Tax Certificate)?
- Does my business require a business license?
- Do I need to register my business as a DBA (doing business as)?
- What is an Employer Identification Number (EIN) / Tax Identification Number (TIN)?
- What is a State License?
- How do I obtain a State Identification Number?
- Where can I get a copy of my property plat or deed?
- What do I need to do to record my plat?
- What activities do I need a permit for?
- How do I get a building permit?
- What are the stream buffers?
- Can I disturb the land within the stream buffers?
- Do I need a sign permit?
- What and when can I burn?
- What are the building setbacks in Lumpkin County?
- Does Lumpkin County have zoning?
- How do I get my private road turned over to the County?
- How can I get an address?
- Why is it important to post my address on my house?
- Land Use Inquiry Form
- Occupation Tax Certificate Application
- Business License Renewal Form for 2020 - form
- Business License FAQs
- New Business Flow Chart
- Affidavit Verifying Status For County Public Benefit Application
- Private Employer Affidavit of Compliance
- Private Employer Exemption Affidavit @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>