Effective January 1st, 2023 the Lumpkin County Health Department will reduce the quantity and brands of COVID vaccines we have available.
- 12 years of age and older- We will only carry the Moderna brand vaccine. This includes the regular vaccine and Bi-valent booster. Remember: you can safely mix COVID vaccine brands throughout the series.
- Infants 6 months of age thru children 11 years old- We will only carry the Pfizer brand vaccine. This includes the regular vaccine and Bi-valent booster. It is recommended that this age group stay with the same vaccine brand throughout the series.
- Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) brand vaccine will no longer be carried.
- Our local pharmacies, Hall County Health Department & Forsyth County Health Department will be carrying other brands.
- No appointment needed. Call our office at 706-867-2727 for weekly walk-in days & times.
Lumpkin County Health Department no longer offers on-site COVID -19 testing. All District 2 Health Departments have free take home test kits.
Holiday and Special Events Dates and Times
- October 9th – Closed for Columbus Day
- October 19th – Closing at 3:00pm (Monthly Staff Meeting)
- November 9th – Closing at 12:30pm
- November 10th – Closed for Veteran’s Day
- November 16th – 8:30am Board of Health Meeting (open to the public)
- November 16th – Closed 11:30am – 1:30pm (Monthly Staff Meeting & Lunch)
- November 22nd – Closing at 1:00pm
- November 23rd & 24th – Closed for Thanksgiving Holidays
The mission of the Georgia Department of Public Health is to promote health and prevent diseases, injury, and disability. We work with our communities, public and private agencies, businesses, elected officials, and all people to ensure the highest quality health education, health promotion, disease prevention, and health services.