We know everyone is getting Coronavirus Fatigue (not a real diagnosis, we just made that up!), but this information is so important that it’s worth being reminded of over and over. The CDC has stated the following about protecting yourself and your family from COVID-19.
- The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to the virus, so social distancing and avoiding public areas as much as possible are very important.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow. Throw used tissues in the trash and immediately wash your hands.