The Georgia Department of Public Health (DPH) says that the same measures that are urged to prevent the spread of any respiratory virus are recommended for preventing the spread of Coronavirus/COVID-19. Those measures are listed below. Also, we are sharing the link to Northeast Georgia Physician’s Group Infectious Disease Medical Director Supriya Mannepalli’s excellent article about the Coronavirus: You will need to scroll down and select “Coronavirus: Debunking Common Myths”.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Cough or sneeze into your elbow or use a tissue to cover it, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.