Effective January 1st, 2023 the Lumpkin County Health Department will reduce the quantity and brands of COVID vaccines we have available.
- 12 years of age and older- We will only carry the Moderna brand vaccine. This includes the regular vaccine and Bi-valent booster. Remember: you can safely mix COVID vaccine brands throughout the series.
- Infants 6 months of age thru children 11 years old- We will only carry the Pfizer brand vaccine. This includes the regular vaccine and Bi-valent booster. It is recommended that this age group stay with the same vaccine brand throughout the series.
- Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) brand vaccine will no longer be carried.
- Our local pharmacies, Hall County Health Department & Forsyth County Health Department will be carrying other brands.
- No appointment needed. Call our office at 706-867-2727 for weekly walk-in days & times.
Public Health testing locations have been reduced. There are 2 locations in our PH District. Please click on the link below for location information.
Holiday and Special Events Dates and Times
- February 23rd - 8:30 AM Board of Health Meeting (Open to the Public)
- February 23rd - Closing at 3:00 PM
- March 1st - 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM SHBP Biometric Screening Event
- March 23rd - Closing at 3:00 PM
- April 6th - Closing at 12:30 PM for State Holiday
- April 7th - Closed for State Holiday
- April 20th - Closing at 3:00 PM
The mission of the Georgia Department of Public Health is to promote health and prevent diseases, injury, and disability. We work with our communities, public and private agencies, businesses, elected officials, and all people to ensure the highest quality health education, health promotion, disease prevention, and health services.