- Planning & Development Services
- Planning Review Committee
Planning Review Committee
Planning Review Committee Overview
- When are the meetings: 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month in time sessions: 2:00-2:45, 2:45-3:30 and 3:30-4:15
- Who attends: The applicant and all relevant department heads (planning, GIS, environmental compliance, code enforcement, water and sewer authority, environmental health, development authority, fire marshal). We see one applicant at a time. The applicants are free to bring whomever they wish.
- Who does not need to attend: residential businesses such as home offices, single family homes and land subdivides (ask if you are unsure).
- What to expect: The meeting is applicant led and each department is present to provide their input so that the applicant has a full picture of what to expect as they begin the the process of developing land for a business. The meeting is informal, however, we do expect the applicant to be prepared. The planning department will recap the meeting in writing to the applicant.
- What not to expect: No members of the planning commission or board of commissioners will be present. The meeting is not open to the public. No formal permits or approvals will be conducted at the meeting. We do not charge applicants to sign up.
- Meeting location: In order to get the most out of the meeting, we prefer the applicants attend in person at the Lumpkin County Planning Department. If the applicant cannot attend, they can provide a virtual link to the planning staff. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
What are the requirements to sign up for a time slot on the Planning Review Committee?
- Applicant's name
- Applicant's phone number
- The parcel # of the subject property or properties (you can be the owner or the prospective buyer)
- The proposed land use
- Approval from the planning department that your land use proposal is approved on the subject property or properties
- Design Plans - for PRC, we accept hand drawn plans either on a blank plat or utilizing qpublic
- Come prepared with at least one question for every department
- Power point presentations are welcomed, but not required. We have a large screen available for the applicants to present.
- All requirements listed are due in writing via email by the Monday before each meeting at the close of business @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
We're excited you want start or relocate your business in Lumpkin County. In order to start the process, please call Jenna Ritter 706-864-6894 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
@(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>